Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Apples 'n' Oranges

Warning: Product Promotion

This is long overdue *wink, but i would like to send a big CONGRATULATIONS to Lara and her business partner Vicky for the launch of their new online store, Apples 'n' Oranges.

Apples 'n' Oranges specializes in Canadian childrenswear for ages 0 - 5.

Now, i should let you know that by writing about Apples 'n' Oranges and putting their link in my sidebar, i have been entered into a contest....twice.

BUT this isn't a completely selfish blog.

First of all, Lara is my friend (right Lara??) and i really want to see her company get off the ground.

Second, all i read are "mom blogs" so i'm hoping those people visit my blog and find Apples 'n' Oranges fitting their need for unique clothes for their children.

Last, I am a huge supporter of small business as i once had my own small business. I feel that anyone who has the courage and willpower to start their own company and follow through with it is top-notch in my books, and for that, i support them.

So click on the button on my sidebar, and visit their site. If nothing else, at least you'll get to see some pictures of some really really cute kids!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Thanks Roz! :)

And we'll get together soon!! :) Now that we're past the launch life should quiet down right? Especially since I'm going back to work next week too. ha ha. I'm insane.

Unknown said...

My sister and her baby boy (14 months) live in Toronto, so I could purchase and have these clothes sent to her... minus the crazy shipping costs. This is great, and I'll take a look now. Christmas is coming and all.

Road To Be Entrepreneur said...

Congrats lara and vicky... that 's so inspiring

What kind of small business you had, Roz?

I am starting my home business too, now ;p

Roz said...

I had a personalized travel business. It was called "City Savyy" and i would make personalized itineraries for people coming to Ottawa as well as make restaurant reccomendations and reservations. The works really for people who were new and / or visiting Ottawa. I loved it, but unfortunately there wasn't enough $$ for proper advertsing etc. Maybe someday in the future, i'll start it up again...