As you know, i'm getting hitched next year (yay!).
My sister who's the maid of honour wants me to send her a list of people i would like to be invited to my bachelorette party.
My problem is....can i invite people to my bachelorette party if they're not invited to the wedding?
My first initial answer is no. It's rude to invite someone to one part of the wedding and not to the wedding itself. right?
But then i started thinking, and now i'm wondering if it's ok to invite them to one and not the other.
- We're trying to keep our guest numbers down as much as possible and i think most people can understand that
- The bachelorette party isn't a cash or gift grab. It's a night out to drink and get silly with a bunch of girls
- The bachelorette party is going to be in Vegas, so if someone wants to go, why not
- It's not like me getting married is a secret so if they're not invited to the wedding they're still going to know about it anyway
- I don't think i would be offended if i wasn't invited to a not-so-close-friend's wedding but someone invited me to their bachelorette party
What do you think? How would you feel if you were invited to an acquaintance's bachelorette party and not her wedding (keep in mind that obviously all close friends and family are invited to the wedding)